*Used in excellent condition*
The classic Dove style acoustic first introduced at the legendary Gibson and Epiphone factory in Kalamazoo in 1962 became one of the first acoustic guitars to become a recognized rock and roll icon.
The Epiphone Dove Studio Acoustic/Electric has a beautiful Violinburst color finish and features a solid spruce top with 5-ply white and black binding. Spruce is a rich and complex tonewood that begins to breath and improve with age the more its played. The more you play, the better it sounds! The body back and sides are made from select maple for a punchy, bright tone. The body back has single ply white binding. The hard maple 25.5” scale neck has a SlimTaper “D” profile and is glued to the body using a dovetail joint and Titebond glue. The Pau Ferro fingerboard has singly ply white binding and features a 12” radius with 20 medium frets, a 1.68” nut, and pearloid parallelogram inlays. The bridge is made from carved rosewood and has pearloid dove inlays just like vintage models. The saddle is compensated and is made from imitation bone. The classic “Dove” tortoise shell style pickguard is easy to spot on stage and is one of The Dove’s most famous features.
- Top: Solid spruce
- Body: Select maple
- Neck: Hard maple
- Neck joint: Glued-in, dovetail
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper "D" profile
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid parallelograms
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Binding: fingerboard, 1-ply white; body top, 5-ply white/black; body back: 1-ply white
- Scale: 25.5"
- Saddle: Compensated, imitation bone
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Bridge: Rosewood with "Dove" shaped pearloid inlay
- Pickguard: Imitation tortoise with traditional “Dove” artwork
- Nut: 1.68"
- Frets: 20, Medium
- Hardware: Nickel
- Endpin: 1/4"
- Power: 9-volt battery
- Pickup: Fishman Sonicore (under saddle)
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone sound-hole preamp
Action is medium.